Sign up to receive our best holiday
deals delivered to your inbox FREE!
Family Holidays - Find Cheap Family Holidays in 2017
When it comes time for a family holiday, planning can be difficult, and sometimes these holidays can become complicated quickly. Everyone has needs, and when planning a family holiday, everyone must be considered. Poor planning can lead to a stressful holiday, so follow these simple guidelines to make your holiday a success.
Choosing a Destination
- When deciding where to go, consider how long flights and transfers will be. Do you really want to spend 16 hours on a flight with tired toddlers? Transfers can be difficult for any parent and should be taken into account when planning. To avoid stress before you even arrive, make sure flight lengths and connections are appropriate for your holiday travel plans.
- Be sure that resorts with beaches are safe for kids. Research to make sure there are calm, sandy beaches for your family to relax on. Rocky beaches that have choppy waves will not be enjoyable.
- Destinations should also have entertainment that is good for the family. Are there water parks or mini golf courses nearby? Be sure there is plenty for everyone to do while on holiday.
- Transportation is also something to consider. Walking long distances may be a problem with small children. Check if there is a bus or trolley, or if you will have to take a cab. Some destinations may even require a rental car to get around.
- Always make sure that the weather will be suitable for the entire family. Extreme heat can be difficult on older travellers, and children may not enjoy freezing climates.
- Some top family holiday destinations for water sports and beautiful beaches include the Canary Islands and Spain. Spain’s Costa Brava and Costa Del Sol are great place for the whole family. Costa Brava boasts crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches that will amaze the whole family. Costa Del Sol is no less breathtaking and has everything from exciting bustling cities to calm quiet beaches.
Family Holiday Tips
- Check the hotel’s facilities. Are there children’s programs? If there are teenagers travelling with you, are there programs for them?
- Look up the average temperatures of the area, during the time that you want to go there. Make sure the weather is appropriate for the activities you desire to do.
- Free Child spaces can be a great deal for families. Look for these when searching for a resort.
- Do not jump at the first deal you see. Use FlySearch to compare prices to be sure you find the best deal possible.
Booking a Family Holiday
At Flysearch, we want to make planning your family holiday easy and stress free. Our website offers a feature that will search a wide range of holidays to find a destination everyone will enjoy. No matter your budget, FlySearch can help. So take the first step today, and use FlySearch to find the perfect holiday for your family.